Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

These are some questions parent often ask during their initial meeting in our Center.

Art therapy, music therapy, drama therapy, animal therapy, play therapy etc. What's the difference? How can we know which is best for my child?

These are names of common forms of emotional intervention that can help a child deal with a broad range of psychological/emotional issues.  During our initial intake we assess the child's behavior patterns and recommend a therapist most suited to treat his profile.

Therapists are trained to use varied tools in their work with clients to build a therapeutic relationship.  A child will interact, connect to the therapist through the equipment that interests him most, and lead to trust which is the basis for any improvement and growth.

Simply put, we aim to find a therapist with experience dealing with your child's problem and use tools you know your child will enjoy.  The child will cooperate enthusiastically and thus benefit from the emotional regulation therapy offers.

How soon after beginning therapy will we see a change in behavior?

Therapy is emotional intervention. First you will see an improvement in your child's psychological wellbeing. As his emotional needs are addressed, his behavior will be effected as well.

Regulated emotions lead to improvement in self-esteem, self-talk and behavioral patterns.  

In other words, therapy is designed to identify and improve emotions and can also target specific behaviors.  Soon, your child will build trust in his abilities and do the best he can behaviorally as well.

How shall I tell my child he will be going for therapy?

Be open with your child. Connect him to his issue honestly and positively. Tell him you found a way to deal with xyz in a way that he will enjoy and look forward to.

Our preschool aged child is not speaking in social settings. How can we know if he /she needs to see a speech therapist or go for emotional intervention like Expressive Arts Therapy?

During an intake, parents meet with an educational consultant who has knowledge of developmental, emotional and cognitive norms. You will present a full account of your child's development and current abilities.

You will discuss important questions. Does his language need to be tested? What about his social skill? Perfectionism, anxiety or phobias of any sort?

This will give you a clearer picture whether your child should work with a speech therapist or Child psychotherapist or both.

Do you have other questions about how to help your child?

Visit Us

Our center is located at Givat Moshe 5, Jerusalem, Israel

View Map

Follow Us

Support Us

Taatzumot's programs are possible thanks to the generous support of people like you.

Donate Now